-
November 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
For the DIY here is a Time Delay Crossover that delays the LF signal about 0.4 ms.
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/dlp4341/ESu4DH-1.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/dlp4341/IMG_0493.jpg[/IMG
Any intrest?
Don
-
November 19th, 2006, 02:20 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
If anyone can help on how to make the IMG s come up please post.
Don
-
November 19th, 2006, 03:21 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
If anyone can help on how to make the IMG s come up please post
Hello Donald, do you mean this?
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...1/ESu4DH-1.jpg
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...1/IMG_0493.jpg
That was a lot of work. wow. I will study it.
-
November 19th, 2006, 06:27 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Would this crossover work for the 604C also?
-
November 20th, 2006, 02:07 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
ArtJ: Thankyou on the IMGs
Dylanl: This could work on a 604C, if the impedences and time delay are the same. Or the circuit values would need changing.
RE Testing: I used a dual trace scope and a raised cosine pulse. The triggering was on one chl monitoring the power amp out. An electret mic 12" on axis picked up the acoustic output, driving LF , HF, or Both; to look at the time delay and FFT for Freq Resp. Actually my Mac & software supplied all the testing.
I'll try to post some curves
Don
-
November 20th, 2006, 04:45 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Maybe as a quick note to get the ball rolling,
Has this circuit been field verified with a dual trace scope?
My experiences in the past is that the proximity of components
and their tolerances have a profound effect on the actual outcome,
especially involving phase shift.
-
November 20th, 2006, 06:11 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I am interested in your findings. I need to build a crossover for the 604 and Jeff Markwats design is very costly.
-
November 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
Dylanl:
Using Parts Express, this design cost estimate would be $ 150. I think Jeff's would be less.
Don
-
November 21st, 2006, 05:10 PM
#9
Senior Hostboard Member
Don,
Congrats on your 605 Time Delay Crossover! As you undoubtedly know, it's an interesting
challenge to take on 604/605 crossover phase shift issues.
I too designed an all-pass delay type of 604 filter, but ultimately decided not to add the
extra parts required for the LP as long as I could get a similar phase result at crossover
with f3 spreading of second order high/low pass networks.
I'm naturally curious though - How does it sound and compare to the stock crossover?
Jeff
-
November 22nd, 2006, 09:48 AM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
Jeff:
Do you have 605's? Or do you get to Chicago?
I would also like to test a stock 604E to get a design for it. Sound? It does sound different than an N1600. It looses some of the horn sound. To really evaluate the sound you need to hear a pair to get the localization too.
Don
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.
Bookmarks